To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume and an introduction.
Location: 4760 Mission Gorge Pl. Suite G
Hours: 9-3 Mon-Fri with flexibility depending on availability and need
Rate: Starting at $17 per hour with performance review after 6 months
Production Assistants work in the kitchen under the direct supervision of Kitchen
Managers completing various tasks including but not limited to preparing ingredients, making dough, baking, washing dishes, as well as assisting with the storefront. They will apply basic and some advanced skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment.
- Perform various culinary tasks and duties as instructed by the Manager, Head Baker, or
- Measuring, making dough, chopping, and stocking products at a steady pace
- Maintain the Maya’s Cookies quality standards in the creation of each product
- Ensure all food is prepared, handled, and stored according to all required food safety
- Operate and maintain bakery equipment including but not limited to mixers, ovens,
sheeters, three-compartment sink/dishwasher, grease traps, etc.
- Ensure quality control of all products before sending to the warehouse and/or
- Ensuring the proper sanitation of all pots, pans, utensils, and dishes either by hand or
utilizing dishwashing equipment, as well as proper organization and storage of
- Maintain organization of back storage, freezer, walk-in, and production area.
- Read and execute daily production list as scheduled
- Experience with commercial production preferred
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Use of critical thinking and problem solving
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Lift and carry moderate to heavy loads (minimum of 50 lbs)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (days, evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Have knowledge to inform customers about ingredients and allergenic information
- Values diversity and integrity