Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Maya’s Cookies, America’s #1 Black-Owned, Female-Owned, Gourmet Vegan Cookie Company, is seeking a Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
Maya’s Cookies is on a mission to show that a plant-based diet doesn’t have to be boring or tasteless! Maya’s Cookies are famously crisp on the outside and ooey gooey in the middle; a decadent, delicious treat for vegans and non-vegans alike, featuring classic flavors like Chocolate Chip to unique and forward-thinking flavors like Marble Fudge and Brown Sugar Butterscotch.
The Marketing & Communications role is an opportunity to become an integral part of this growing team. This role will support the team through managing the content marketing calendar with tasks across marketing & communications efforts.
- Assist with campaign execution and ideation including (but not limited to) drafting creative briefs, writing press releases and media content, vetting and compiling contact databases and lists, product trafficking, monitoring coverage and compiling campaign reports.
- Proactively seek out relevant influencers and brands within our space to build relationships.
- Inform the team with daily updates, weekly meetings, sending meeting recaps, and deliver any needed presentations.
- Assist with community engagement with direct messages and comments. Resolve customer questions in a positive and timely way.
- Professionally represent the brand at various press and customer-facing events.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or similar
- 2-3 years of PR, marketing communications, events and/or marketing experience in a professional setting
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading and layout/design skills are essential
- Ability to multi-task, to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter with energy, drive and determination to accomplish goals.
- Superior project, time and organizational management skills
- Have a strong public presence – articulate, optimistic and energetic with the ability to motivate and inspire people at all levels.
- Flexibility with changes in task and priorities along with using sound judgment.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in social media and digital media
Minimum 40 hours+ weekly.
Willing to commit to working set office hours, 5 days a week which will include some weekends.
For consideration, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org